Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Lesser Black-backed Gull





Tuesday February 28th

Lesser Black-backed Gull

Yesterday I got too late of a start to beat the terrible traffic on Ft Myers Beach.  So today, I was able to leave home on a more timely basis and was on Ft Myers Beach by 8 am.  My first stop was at Bowditch Point Park, located at the northern tip of the island. Found the location wanting of my target birds - black-backed gulls, oystercatchers or even a possible bonaparte's gull.
Osprey at Bowditch Point










So moved onto Carlos Point at the southern end of the island. Here I quickly spotted a few Snowy and Wilson's Plovers. Eventually I saw a young Lesser Black-backed Gull, which was joined by an adult. Nice.


American Oystercatcher




Lesser Black-backed Gull
A juvenile Lesser Black-backed Gull


Palm Warbler at Carlos Point


No comments:

Post a Comment