Thursday, March 15, 2018

Yellow-breasted Chat

Thursday March 15th
The Ides of March





Yesterday Julie Long of Sanibel made a great find in a Yellow-breasted Chat feeding in a ficus tree at
Lakes Park located  near Ft Myers. The chat is a very rare find in our area, so very quickly, dozens of local birders have visited the spot. Many birders have gotten some pretty nice pics.

Catbirds were everywhere.

I got my notification about 10:30 yesterday morning and was on site within the hour.  I've been there twice so far, hoping for an acceptable photograph. On my second visit I was able to get a couple of pics.  Not perfect, but!!  The bird is only my second sighting, after getting my lifer last year at Sugden Park in Naples.
This Downy Woodpecker was busy in the ficus as well

No comments:

Post a Comment