Sunday, September 30, 2018

Bugs

Sunday September 30th



Zebra Longwing Butterfly

With the birding activity being so slow I had diverted my attentions to smaller wildlife activities. Namely learning about the Dragonflies and Butterflies we see around here.  To start off with, I have been a real beginner here, so I did find a bit of learning curve.  A good place to start learning is at the Butterfly Gardens and House at Rotary Park in Cape Coral.

The rare and endangered Atala Butterfly breed at Rotary Park

Southern White Butterfly

Pipevine Swallow-tailed Butterfly

Palamedes Swallow-tailed Butterfly 


Soldier Butterfly

Giant Swallow-tailed Butterfly

Eastern Pondhawk

Little Blue Dragonlet
I think this is a Scarlet Skimmer

Blue Dasher

Queen Butterfly

Band-winged Dragonfly

Eastern Amber winged Dragonfly

Long-tailed Skipper

White Peacock Butterfly

Phaon Crescent Butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment